The reference work Designing Design Education. White Book on the Future of Design Education documents knowledge gained from five years of scientific research. The book is based on an interdisciplinary exchange with more than 250 experts from 25 countries. The aim of this publication is to substantiate the discourse on necessary changes and to stimulate concrete implementation: How must design studies be set up, if the aim is to not only keep pace with changes in business and society, but to design these changes?
- Foreword by Ursula von der Leyen, President of the European Commission
- Foreword by Dieter Rams
- Key statements from 150 interviews (2016 Study)
- Knowledge gained from hearings with 100 participants in Europe, the US, Asia and Africa
- Concepts developed on the basis of these hearings
- Essays on Design Education and Practice written from different cultural perspectives
Look inside the White Book.
The white book on the Future of Design Education is published by av edition, a specialist publishing house for architecture and design. You can order the book directly at av edition.
Designing Design Education. White Book on the Future of Design Education.
Editors: Christoph Böninger, Fritz Frenkler, Susanne Schmidhuber
Text: René Spitz
Essays: Lani Adeoye, Ekkehart Baumgartner, Annette Diefenthaler, Sushi Suzuki
Year of publication: 2021
Language: German / English
No of pages: 312
No of illustrations: 438
Format: 21 x 26 cm
Price: € 49 (D), $ 60