Designing Design Education
White Book on the Future of Design Education
The reference work Designing Design Education. The White Book on the Future of Design Education documents knowledge gained from five years of scientific research.
The book is based on an interdisciplinary exchange with more than 250 experts from 25 countries. The aim of this publication is to substantiate the discourse on necessary changes and to stimulate concrete implementation: How must design studies be set up, if the aim is to not only keep pace with changes in business and society, but to design these changes?
The white book on the Future of Design Education is published by av edition, a specialist publishing house for architecture and design. You can order the book directly at Publisher .
Click here for the Download.
- Forewords by Ursula von der Leyen, President of the European Commission, and Dieter Rams
- Key statements from 150 interviews (study 2016)
- insights Hearings with 100 participants in Europe, USA, Asia and Africa
- Concepts developed in these hearings
- Essays from culturally different perspectives on the teaching and practice of design
Designing Design Education. White Book on the Future of Design Education.
Editors: Christoph Böninger, Fritz Frenkler, Susanne Schmidhuber
Text: Rene Spitz
Essays: Lani Adeoye, Ekkehart Baumgartner, Annette Diefenthaler, Sushi Suzuki
Year of publication: 2021
Language: German / English
Format: 21x26 inch
Price: €49 (D), $60